8.26.2010

decisions, decisions

The first decision was simple: either keep the door in its crate, leaning against the house for another decade, or get it up. I decided to get it up, as simply as possible, with a solid wall around it. But once Tom and Michael knocked the end of the porch out I couldn't bear to see it closed up again, so I asked for sidelights. I considered sidelights running the full length of the door but settled for smaller ones, since we don't want to get into tempered gla$$. But I've got tempered determination (obstinance), so I snapped some photos and slapped them in Microsoft Paint to SEE my options. Here's what I came up with. All I have to do is make a decision.

Here's what it would look like if it were finished with a solid wall...
Melanie Renn

...and here's how it would look with sidelights...
Melanie Renn

...and here's how it actually looks, mid-construction...
Melanie Renn