10.09.2010

imagine

After years of training as a classical pianist, at the age of 14 I heard I Want To Hold Your Hand played twice in a row over the radio. It was January of 1964 and the radio station was playing it for the first time. I was hooked. I was one of the first Beatlemaniacs. I screamed at their movie. I screamed at their concert. They affected me profoundly for the rest of my life. Today would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. Imagine.

they say it's your birthday
John Lennon 'unseen'
celebrating in Central Park
Inside the Dakota
Yoko Ono Official on Flickr

John Lennon

John Lennon at home playing his white piano

This room slowly evaporates every day

John and Yoko

John Lennon at home on the telephone

John and Yoko in their studio

John and Yoko in front of the Dakota